Monday 20 February 2012

Valentine's Cookies

This is another catch-up entry. 

Even though my late husband Dave and I  never really took Valentine's Day all that seriously it is still rough being widowed and single while everywhere you look you are bombarded by saccharine depictions of true love, flowers, chocolate, and women getting diamonds. 

I suppose I should feel sorry for all the pressure put on guys to get it right.  Poor schmucks.  But yeah, I don't.  I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself.

So what did I do?

I decided to make cookies.

I made cookies for my best friends/landlords that I live with.  I made cookies to bring to my vocational group.  I even made cookies for my therapy group.  Oh, let's not forget I even made a couple of bucks making cookies for 2 ladies that wanted some of my cookies....and that's no euphemism.

Again, just simple stuff.  I made butter cookie hearts with pink icing, spice cookie hearts with white icing, and for my friends upstairs I made a bin of Sheila's favourite cookies....heart shaped empire cookies with pink icing.

Butter Cookies



Spice Cookies



Unfortunately I have no pictures of the empire cookies but they were delicous and really damn cute.  You'll just have to use your imagination.

So I gave out cookies instead of wallowing and you know what?  I even got a a scrumptious Lindt valentine box of chocolates from Sheila.

Valentine's....I rocked you.

No comments:

Post a Comment