Monday 19 March 2012

By God, they're ROUND!!!

I completed a whole bunch of chores today and I still had leftover cookie dough and time to kill so what did I do?

BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH EXPERIMENT # 2

Do you remember that scene in Star Trek II:  The Wrath of Kahn when Kahn is saying, "HE TASKS ME....HE TASKS ME AND I SHALL HAVE HIM!!!"

Yeah, it's like that.

I was going to do swirl cookies and they were going to be round, GADSDAMMIT! (galactica reference)

I got out my leftover butter dough, manhandled it a bit and rolled it out until it felt right.  Instead of cinnamon swirls, this time I opted for tart yet sweet raspberry jam.

I rolled that sucker up tight and a whole bunch of jam squooshed out the end...oops.

Then I sliced them and they squished.  THEY DIDN'T STAY ROUND.  But oh no, this time I wasn't going to be defeated.  I took each cookie slice and shaped it until it was round!  More effort but they looked a whole lot purdier doncha think?


Unfortunately even with a nonstick pan sprayed with Pam, the jam decided to meld with the pan.  They sure looked purdy but they were effing impossible to get off the pan.

Got most of them though....


So after all that work how did they taste?

Dave T said they tasted like a PopTart.

This is where I slammed my head on a desk and pulled my hair out...but I did it all inside my mind.

All that work and I made freakin' poptarts.

Coulda been worse.

Oh and as an aside, the coyotes were really loud tonight as I was doing the dishes.  I wonder if they like poptarts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment